Hilltop Flower Co.
After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Hilltop Flower Co. 217 East State Street Kennett Square, PA 19348 United States
The Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal Information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, salutation, email address, billing and mailing addresses, professional title and company name, and phone number.
- Demographic data, such as your city, state, country of residence, postal code, and age.
- Profile data, such as the username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, date of birth, biographical details, interests, preferences, and any other information that you may add to your account profile.
- Communications data that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, through the Service, social media, or otherwise.
- Transactional data, such as information relating to or needed to complete your orders on or through the Service, including order numbers and transaction history.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
- Payment data needed to complete transactions, including payment card information or bank account number.
- Promotional data, including information you share when you enter a competition, promotion or complete a survey. Please note that if you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway through the Service, we may ask you for your contact data to notify you if you win or not, to verify your identity and/or to send you prizes. In some situations, we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules and other relevant information for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- User-generated data, such as profile pictures, photos, images, music, videos, comments, questions, messages, works of authorship, and other content or information that you generate, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Service, as well as associated metadata. Metadata includes information on how, when, where and by whom a piece of content was collected and how that content has been formatted or edited. Metadata also includes information that users can add or can have added to their content, such as keywords, geographical or location information, and other similar data.
Third-party sources. We may combine Personal Information we receive from you with Personal Information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Social media platforms, such as Facebook or Instagram.
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors that provide demographic and other information.
- Marketing partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
Data about others. At some Services, you may also be able to submit Personal Information about other people. This information may include, for instance, a recipient’s name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. For example, you might submit a person’s name and e-mail address to send an electronic gift card, or you might order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient by submitting the recipient’s name and address.
Users of the Service may also have the opportunity to refer friends or contacts to us for other purposes, such as networking or business opportunities, and share their contact information with us. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact information with us unless you have their permission to do so.
How We Use Your Information
When you provide information from your social media account, it can help enable us to do things like (1) give you exclusive content, (2) personalize your online experience with us within and outside our Services, (3) contact you through the social media service or directly by sending you the latest news, special offerings, and rewards, and (4) enable you to share your experience and content via social media services. When you provide information about yourself to us through an application, through our Services, or on social media services or other third party platforms, it may be publicly viewed by other members of these services and we cannot prevent further use of the information by third parties.
We or a Partner may use “cookies” or similar technologies to associate certain Personal Information with a unique identifier that then associates the Information with your device or browser. For information about how these technologies work and how we may use them, please visit “Cookies and Similar Technologies”.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We may use your Personal Information to:
- provide, operate, and improve the Service and our business, offerings, products, and programs;
- process your transactions, track, and ship orders;
- administer surveys, sweepstakes, or contests;
- fulfill your requests regarding the Services, including requests for newsletters and notifications;
- respond to your inquiries about our offerings;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
- facilitate your invitations to friends and other contacts who you want to invite to join the Service;
- protect the safety of our Users;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement) on or through the Services; and
- provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your Personal Information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from Personal Information we collect. We make Personal Information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising. We, our service providers and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your Personal Information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you Hilltop-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your Personal Information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
Communicating with you. We may use the Personal Information we collect about you to communicate with you, including via email, phone, SMS text message or push notifications, as you decide, for reasons such as:
- to enforce the legal terms (including without limitation our policies and terms of service) that govern your use of our Services, and/or for the purposes for which you provided the Personal Information;
- to confirm purchases you have made through our Services;
- to confirm that your purchases have shipped;
- to invite you to review purchases made via the Services;
- to notify you of items left in your shopping cart;
- to notify you when you have won a contest or sweepstakes;
- to notify you when we make changes to our user agreements;
- to fulfill a request by you for an online newsletter;
- to provide you with product recommendations;
- to provide you with access to personalized information based on your location;
- to contact you about your account with us; and
- to offer you other products, programs, or services from us and our affiliates, business partners, and selected third parties that we believe may be of interest to you.
Improving and personalizing the service. We use aggregate information about you and non-personal information that we collect to improve the design, functionality and content of our Services, and to enable us to personalize your experience with our Services and offerings. We use this information to (i) provide, maintain, personalize, protect, improve, and develop our products, programs, and services and to operate our business, (ii) understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; (iii) to analyze usage and performance of our Services, and (iii) for us and our affiliates, business partners, and selected third parties to offer you products, programs, or services.
How We Share Your Information
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, logistics providers, email delivery, marketing, and website analytics).
Payment processors. Any payment card information you use to make a purchase on the Service is collected and processed directly by our payment processors, such as Shopify Pay and PayPal. Shopify Pay and PayPal may use your payment data in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
Advertising partners. Third-party advertising companies for the interest-based advertising purposes described in the section “Behavioral Advertising”.
Business and marketing partners. Third parties with whom we collaborate on joint activities (such as co-sponsors of contests and promotions), with whom we have entered into joint marketing relationships or other joint ventures, or who we think may offer you products or services that you may enjoy.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Other users and the public. Your profile and other user-generated content (except for messages) may be visible to other users of the Service and the public. For example, other users of the Service or the public may have access to your information if you chose to make your profile or other Personal Information available to them through the Service, such as when you provide comments, reviews, survey responses, or share other content. This information can be seen, collected and used by others, including being cached, copied, screen captured or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines), and we are not responsible for any such use of information.
Retaining Your Information
We only retain your data for as long as it is necessary to service your account, to promote our legitimate business interests, and to comply with our legal and contractual obligations. You may request that we remove your data at any time by emailing email@example.com.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the Personal Information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address above to request deletion.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email address was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
By visiting the Service, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, and agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of the Service through the technologies described above, as well as similar technologies developed in the future, and that we may use such tracking technologies in the emails we send to you.
Our unaffiliated Partners and third parties may themselves set and access their own tracking technologies when you visit our Services, and they may have access to information about you and your online activities over time and across different websites or applications when you use the Service. Their use of such tracking technologies is not in our control and is subject to their own privacy policies.
Software Development Kits
Software Development Kits (SDKs) are used to incorporate third party computer code into the Service that allows our third party service providers or advertising partners to collect data directly from the Service for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of the Service, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to the Service, or to facilitate online advertising.
You have the following choices with respect to your Personal Information.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioral Advertising” section above.
You may be able to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising. You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device from which you wish to opt-out:
Browser settings. Blocking third-party cookies in your browser settings.
Privacy browsers/plug-ins. By using privacy browsers or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block tracking technologies.
Platform settings. Google and Facebook offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Digital Advertising Alliance: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
- AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, which will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Mobile settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked to above.
Do Not Track
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to Provide Information
We need to collect Personal Information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Delete Your Content or Close Your Account
You can choose to delete certain content through your account. If you wish to request to close your account, please contact us.
Other Sites and Services
The Service may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail or by mail using the details provided under “Contact” above.
Last updated: August 9, 2022